Friday, August 26, 2011

Going, Going,Going, Gone!

TDS Avery, now and forever more known officially as T-Bone has a new home. He has been adopted by a wonderful family. He will join 2 other SEGA Greyhounds (in fact one is my former fosters, Sissy). He will have his own child to play with--a sweet, smart, funny, active 6 year old girl. She and T-Bone were already sharing secrets by the time I left. He will help his new "dad" not feel so outnumbered in a house full of women :)

When T-Bone and I arrived, we did the "meet & greet" in the family's fenced backyard--muzzles on all the dogs. He and Sissy instantly clicked and they started running around the yard together. Their other Greyhound, Katie even joined in some. She's only 4, but she is truly the "queen" of the dogs. She even decided T-Bone was ok and gave her stamp of approval on him joining the family.

T-Bone made sure he sweetly and cheerfully greeted his new "mom" too.

T-Bone will make a wonderful Meet & Greet dog, which is a good thing because his new family hosts one of our monthly M&Gs.

I think this will prove to be a wonderful match for dogs and humans alike.

I will miss that sweet, loving face of his, but I could not be happy with his adoption to this family. As usual, I forgot to take a family photo before I left. I always get so caught up in everything when doing an adoption that I forget to take a group photo. Maybe one of thee days I'll remember.

Sweet dreams and a happy life to my sweet T-Bone.

0 comments: