Monday, August 22, 2011

Every Day is a New Adventure

Avery a.k.a. T-Bone nevers knows what the day holds for him. Yesterday we took a little ride to the Petsmart near me. He wasn't keen on jumping in the truck to go. Once he was in though, he was fine and anxious to see where we were going.

We got to Petsmart and he jumped out like a champ. We went in the store and he was clearly overwhelmed. He wasn't panicked, but you could tell he was incredulous of all the sights and sounds. T-Bone is a very strong boy. He would sometimes try to pull me down an aisle, in which case I would come to a complete stop until he got himself back under control.

He and I picked up a few things and then headed back out into the parking lot. He stopped dead and told me in no uncertain terms that he wasn't ready to get back in the truck. He and I went back and forth on our little power struggle. Needless to say, I won. He actually jumped back in the truck no problem.

No pictures because I was hanging onto him tightly! He was pretty pooped after we got home.


He enjoys going out in the backyard and now joins Cori and Blaze and their race for the back part of the yard.

Today, he feels even more comfortable in the house. He discovered toys. I squeaked a few toys at home and his ears went up as if to say, "WHAT is THAT?"

I would squeak a toy and he would joyful take it and go mouth it a little trying to figure it out. Then I got out a tennis ball. I bounced it and rolled it. He couldn't wait to get ahold of it and to play.



A little later on, while I was working in my office, I heard all kinds of racket. I looked around. Rio, check. Blaze, check. Cori, check. Chloe, check. PJ (the cat), check. I got up quietly and lo and behold, T-Bone was having a grand old time rolling, pouncing and picking up the ball. I just stood out of his eyesight and watched and tried hard not to giggle. Needless to say, no pictures. As soon as he saw me, he came over to me, tail wagging.

I would say that T-Bone likes toys, especially balls. I tried gently throwing some in the yard today for him. He wasn't quite ready for that. He'd watch them but wasn't ready to chase. It's only a matter of time :)

Tonight I gave him a squeaky snake that he played with some and carried around.

I would say that T-Bone is enjoying learning all the cool new things in his life.

0 comments: